Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mothers Day and a Whoopin

My mothers day  was wonderful. My husband was off and home this year for it. I know that does not make sense but My husband is a big part of why I am the mother that I am. I went to church Sunday. That was such a blessing as it always is. I tell you what, I sure am gonna miss that church. Its my home away from home. They had parent-child dedication. Not like a Christening but a public covenant with God that you will raise them up in a Christian home and teach them about God. After that, after the Happy time came the whoopin. Boy if you go to church and NEVER get whooped something is really wrong. Our pastor went on to explain the importance of a mother and her role and the impact she has on her children and especially their spiritual lives. As I have said before hubby and I have grown up in two different types of homes. My house was God says Do and Do Not and in his home it was live and learn and common sense. I am not going to get into comparing moms but they are very very different when it comes to how we were raised and the spiritual environment we grew up in. Of course it would be this way they are two DIFFERENT people. None the less you grow up and you learn what to do and what not to do, what you want out of life and a spouse and your children and what you do not want out of life, a spouse and your children. What do I want my children to see in me and learn from me. I want them to learn to love God and trust in him and fear him. To want to live a life that glorifies him. I want them to see a loving mother that does all of those things and portrays it in her life as well. I want them to KNOW I prayed for them. I want them to KNOW that being a Christian is NOT easy but trusting in God is more important than an easy life. If life was easy it would not be called life it would be called Heaven, but it is hard so it is called LIFE. Being a wife who loves the Lord is easier when you have a husband that loves him just as much if not more. I am so blessed to have a husband who loves God, who wants to please him, who wants to raise his children to do the same. Men like that are very hard to find. My husband and I were in different chapters in our lives when we met and got married. God was not number one but I am grateful that our books have been put together and now our chapters are being written together and God is the binding of our book and HE is what holds us together. My goal and you may call it old fashioned but in Gods word he writes the epitome of a Godly woman and mother.

A Woman Who Fears the Lord
Proverbs 31:10-31

10 An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels.
11 The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
12 She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.
13 She seeks wool and flax,
and works with willing hands.
14 She is like the ships of the merchant;
she brings her food from afar.
15 She rises while it is yet night
and provides food for her household
and portions for her maidens.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
17 She dresses herself with strength
and makes her arms strong.
18 She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.
Her lamp does not go out at night.
19 She puts her hands to the distaff,
and her hands hold the spindle.
20 She opens her hand to the poor
and reaches out her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of snow for her household,
for all her household are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes bed coverings for herself;
her clothing is fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates
when he sits among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them;
she delivers sashes to the merchant.
25 Strength and dignity are her clothing,
and she laughs at the time to come.
26 She opens her mouth with wisdom,
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
27 She looks well to the ways of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women have done excellently,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.

I am also including part of a post that I had not published before because the time was not appropriate but of course this is my blog and these are MY thoughts and feelings. It has a lot to do with teaching your children about God and doing right and wrong and why...

My husband was told growing up that it was a "little voice" telling him if he should or should not do anything. But how does that voice know what to tell you to do unless you educate it. When you let your child go to a friends house and they are bombarded with peer pressure to do something how do you KNOW they will make the right decision. As our guest pastor said last night if you brought your child up to love the Lord and fear the Lord then you know that your precious child knows they are ALWAYS being watched. That God the all seeing and the all knowing is watching them and they check themselves and say God is watching me... I know what I need to do, and do the right thing. Many of us adults are that way as well. I am by no means perfect and if I remember ALL the time that God is watching I probably would not slip as much as I do. If you are truly saved and sincerely meant when you accepted Jesus into your heart he IS there. You will have a guilty conscience when you do wrong. Most of the time you will leave church feeling like God whooped you up and down. I have to admit... I do not go to church for the same reason a lot of folks do not go. I have done wrong and I know it. I do not want to go to a place where I am reminded and convicted of it. No one wants to be told that something they are doing is wrong or that something that they ENJOY doing is wrong. I went a year without touching alcohol, maybe a little longer. I slipped. I messed up. That is the wonderful thing about our precious Redeemer. He is forgiving and merciful. He is in my heart, I know I messed up. I can ask him to forgive me and he does. Let me say this, the Holy Spirit does not convict everyone the same. Some are convicted more about certain things than others. Either way if you are saved you will be convicted if you are doing something that God does not approve of. Well how do you know? Read and Study Gods word, Pray and He will tell you! Trust me. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love reading your blogs, such an inspiration!