Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another day gone, is another closer to you!

Okay so another day down only 365 to go!! Wow seems like alot when you sit back and you count the days but when you factor in all the things going on between now and then and the goals I would like to reach before the end it doesnt seem that far away! Well at least not till 8pm at night when its just me and the quiet at night. Silence is a blessing but Deafening at the same time. Tonight I have the wonderful pleasure of having dinner with a wonderful woman I met a church and we connected outside of church on Facebook. She is a soldiers wife and a mother of three!! Yeah crazy! Was supposed to meet at the park today but if you guys know me and the park I have a hard time getting there. Course we picked a time my kids NEEDED a nap! Sheesh! They been crazy today! Anyways! BigPapa has gone out on a mission for "a while" he told me so I wont hear from him. I anxiously wait for my phone to ring to hear his loving voice telling me he is ok and we will be ok and he will be home soon! But no calls, not for a while. As an Army wife you begin to learn what the phrase "No News is Good News" means. Because the military wont contact you unless its BAD news. They seem to like to share that more openly than good news. But thats ok. No knock on the door means heaven will be mine again! =D I guess it could be worse. He could be over there with strangers and people he doesnt know well but he isnt. He is with men he has grown with throughout his 3 year military career. Minus one... =( Unfortunatly the "father" figure he had in the military was unable to join on the deployment and i know it hurts them both, but he is over there with his brothers. One of whom he has known for about 7 years. They werent close during the months before they left but they are now, and i am glad of that. I know alot of the other mens wives that are over there and I know they are good people! So not only do I have the Lord watching out for my husband there are many men who are also watching out for him as well. <3 and for that I can rest easy. Anyways thats enough from me. Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the day!




No comments: