Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tim Tebow & Sanctity of Life

(The photos shown in this blog post I did not take... Compliments of Google.com)

This month for my church we are celebrating the Sanctity of Life and I was stirred by a friend of mines post on facebook. She basically said abortion is intolerable so I decided to go on a rampage... Mind you these are MY thoughts and my opinions and I am not naive that there are others that feel differently so please keep this in mind. MY personal blog, MY personal thoughts and opinons. Do NOT judge me. I am passionate about this. Once again you don't like it don't read it! There are so many other options out there for pregnant women other than abortion. I am ANTI-Abortion no matter the circumstance. I would give my life instead of my child's if I were in danger being pregnant. But that's neither here nor there. We just have to remember God has a plan for each and every one of us long before we are conceived in our mothers womb. So remember this.. just as you sit here reading my blog a decision could have been made however many years ago when you were conceived that your mother made the ultimate decisions to bring your precious life into this world when in a split second you could have been aborted and never lived the life you have. My sister was involuntarily taken from my family less than three months old and it was the worst pain imaginable how a woman could do it VOLUNTARILY is beyond me.....









Abortion procedures are used during the first trimester


Methotrexate & Misoprostol (MTX): a medical abortion procedure used up to the first seven weeks of pregnancy. This medication combination is not as commonly used in the U.S. with the availability of mifepristone, which works more effectively for this use.Mifepristone and Misoprostol: a medical abortion procedure used up to the first seven to nine weeks of pregnancy. It can also be referred to as RU-486, the abortion pill and Mifeprex.Manual Vacuum Aspiration (MVA): a procedure used as early as 3 -12 weeks since the last period. Considered less invasive with only a local anesthesia being used on the cervix.Aspiration: a surgical abortion procedure used to terminate pregnancy up to 16 weeks from the last period. It can also be referred to as suction curettage, dilation and curettage (D & C) or vacuum aspiration.


Abortion procedures are used during the second trimester:


Dilation & Curettage (D & C): a surgical abortion procedure used to terminate a pregnancy up to 16 weeks gestation. It is also referred to as suction curettage or vacuum aspiration.
Dilation & Evacuation (D & E): a surgical abortion procedure used to terminate a pregnancy after 16 weeks gestation.
Induction Abortion: a rarely performed surgical procedure where salt water, urea, or potassium chloride is injected into the amniotic sac; prostaglandins are inserted into the vagina and pitocin is injected intravenously.


Abortion procedures are used during the third trimester:


Induction Abortion: a rarely done surgical procedure where salt water, urea, or potassium chloride is injected into the amniotic sac; prostaglandins are inserted into the vagina and pitocin is injected intravenously.
Dilation and Extraction: a surgical abortion procedure used to terminate a pregnancy after 21 weeks of gestation. This procedure is also known as D & X, Intact D & X, Intrauterine Cranial Decompression and Partial Birth Abortion. *This procedure is now considered against the law in the U.S. according to the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 1995*  

  • [Graphic letter written by a nurse who witnessed a partial birth abortion before it was illegal]
    " I stood at the doctor’s side and watched him perform a partial-birth abortion on a woman who was six months pregnant. The baby’s heartbeat was clearly visible on the ultrasound screen. The doctor delivered the baby’s body and arms, everything but his little head. The baby’s body was moving. His little fingers were clasping together. He was kicking his feet. The doctor took a pair of scissors and inserted them into the back of the baby’s head, and the baby’s arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks that he might fall. Then the doctor opened the scissors up. Then he stuck the high-powered suction tube into the hole and sucked the baby’s brains out. Now the baby was completely limp. I never went back to the clinic. But I am still haunted by the face of that little boy. It was the most perfect, angelic face I have ever seen."



Psalm 139:13-16: "For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvelous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, [and] curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.  Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all were written,  in continuance were fashioned, when none of them."


Jeremiah 1:5: "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Psalm 127:3: "truly children are a GIFT from the LORD; the fruit of the womb is a reward"

Isaiah 49:15: "Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee."

Isa_45:24 Thus says the Lord, your redeemer, who formed you from the womb: I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens; when I spread out the earth, who was with me?

Isa_49:1 Before I was even born, the Lord called me. He named me from my mother's womb.

So in a nut shell... regardless of the situation it plainly states that a child is formed well before birth and that in the bible it states that it is a child and not tissue so it pretty much all boils down to one...


Exodus 20:13: "Thou shalt not kill."


Many *ahem* GA fans are not followers of Tim Tebow but GA fan or not if you are a Christian he is a wonderful role model for Christians out there. Standing strong to his faith through it all. I have to admit I was a little hesitant about this Florida football player until I read about him and his family and his story. His mother had an profound faith in God that she refused to abort her baby. Here is his story following my comments I have gotten from different sources... if you google him you can find more this just touches his families and his journey throughout their faith in God.

Many Gator fans may think that Tim Tebow is a “miracle” quarterback, but his parents say he was actually a miracle baby.



Pam’s Story


In a recent email, I read about a woman named Pam, who knows the pain of considering abortion. More than 24 years ago, she and her husband Bob were serving as missionaries to the Philippines and praying for a fifth child. Pam contracted amoebic dysentery, an infection of the intestine caused by a parasite found in contaminated food or drink. She went into a coma and was treated with strong antibiotics before they discovered she was pregnant.


Doctors urged her to abort the baby for her own safety and told her that the medicines had caused irreversible damage to her baby. She refused the abortion and cited her Christian faith as the reason for her hope that her son would be born without the devastating disabilities physicians predicted. Pam said the doctors didn't think of it as a life, they thought of it as a mass of fetal tissue.


While pregnant, Pam nearly lost their baby four times but refused to consider abortion. She recalled making a pledge to God with her husband: If you will give us a son, we’ll name him Timothy and we’ll make him a preacher.


Pam ultimately spent the last two months of her pregnancy in bed and eventually gave birth to a healthy baby boy August 14, 1987. Pam’s youngest son is indeed a preacher. He preaches in prisons, makes hospital visits, and serves with his father’s ministry in the Philippines. He also plays football. Pam’s son is Tim Tebow.


The University of Florida’s star quarterback became the first sophomore in history to win college football’s highest award, the Heisman Trophy. His current role as quarterback of the Denver Broncos has provided an incredible platform for Christian witness. As a result, he is being called The Mile-High Messiah.


Tim’s notoriety and the family’s inspiring story have given Pam numerous opportunities to speak on behalf of women’s centers across the country. Pam Tebow believes that every little baby you save matters. I pray her tribe will increase!


May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always!










Tim, now a strapping 6-3, 240 lb. 2007 Heisman Trophy winner at the University of Florida, keeps his humble beginnings in mind to stay grounded. “I am fortunate to have family members, coaches and teammates around who can help me stay focused on the right things,” Tim says. “For me, every day includes four things: God, family, academics and football, in that order. If those get jumbled around and you get the wrong one first, you can have a lot of problems.


“I am no different than anyone else—despite what people may think—because I am a Gator football player,” Tim adds. “Through everything I do...and just by living…I want people, when they see me, to say, ‘There’s something different about this guy, and that’s because he has a relationship with Jesus Christ.’”


Tim, who began his walk with Christ as a six-year-old, according to BPSports, says, "I want to take this platform that I have—being a quarterback and being at the University of Florida—and use that to help people…and to be that role model, that example for kids. That's the reason I think I've been blessed to have the success that I've had."


Tim, who will lead Florida against the Oklahoma Sooners in the January 8 BCS National Championship Game in Miami, uses his influence as a Gator football player in every game. In the blacks under his eyes, he has the words "Phil. 4:13" written in white lettering, referencing the verse in Philippians, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."


During his 2008 spring break, instead of hanging out at the beach, he spent his week as a missionary in the Philippines with his dad's ministry, The Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association. He has traveled to the Philippines several summers to minister to orphans and the poor there.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post. Well put.