Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Obama and Same Sex Marriage


I found this blog http://www.onthemount.blogspot.com/ that best replies to Obamas outlandish use of the Sermon on the Mount by JESUS himself to justify legalizing same sex marriage. This would be my response as well. 
____________________________________________________________________________________________
Barack Obama - on The Sermon on the Mount:


"If people find [civil unions] controversial, then I would just refer them to the Sermon on the Mount, which I think is, in my mind, for my faith, more central than an obscure passage in Romans."
Those are the words of the smooth talking Barack Obama. What does the Sermon on the Mount have to do with homosexuality or gay marriage /civil unions? NOTHING. Though I do not disagree with all that he says about this issue, I do disagree with him calling certain scriptures "obscure". What follows are the... “obscure” scriptures that Obama was referring to - and these verses DO directly address homosexuality.
Romans 1:24-28
24. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.25. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.26. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.27. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.28. Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.


***
The word of God for the people of God... thanks be to God. To persons that read their Bibles and are honest about the words, the passage quoted above is not obscure. It is simple and plain. Obama is guilty of what many do. They let politics guide their Christian beliefs, rather than having Christian beliefs guide their politics. Obama picks the parts of the faith he likes and dismisses what does not suit his thinking - and this is the ONLY way he can continue to be pro-abortion. 
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I think many people do this. They nit pick parts of the Bible that best suite their situation. Its appalling that that is done that way. I also find it disgraceful that people use the Sermon on the Mount as a reason to not honor the Ten Commandments. Jesus did not give the Sermon on the Mount to abolish the Ten Commandments. If you read it He says in Matthew 5:17-20 that Jesus has come to fulfill the law of the Prophets (AKA The Ten Commandments). With all of this I will say again not EVERYONE is perfect. We all fall, even the most devout Christians. With that we all must know that God loves ALL of us equally. Not one more than the other. And one Christian is not more forgivable that the other. We all must get to Heaven the same way and that is through believing in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. With all of this pro gay marriage stuff going on a lot of friends and family members will disagree and that should NOT be. Both sides preach tolerance and Jesus preaches for us to be compassionate towards others no matter what they believe. Let who is without Sin cast the first stone. Right. I read a quote today that makes so much sense. "You don't have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." You don't have to compromise what you believe to love another. You can still believe the way you do and love them just as Jesus loved everyone even those who betrayed him and scorned him. I am by no means perfect but I think we should all strive to love as Jesus did and be as compassionate as him.  I am guilty of it and judging those who don't do what I think they should be doing but none the less I should love them still. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this. I was confused as to what was going on, being as how I haven't been on the computer really this week. It's shocking to see who all is in favor for it. Thinking about it more I have decided that it is just ignorance and people wanting to do what is considered as "in." I am a new Christian and still mess up daily, but going directly against what God asks then claiming to be a Christian is annoying to me. I don't understand how people who try and push God on others daily, think it is ok for this.

Sorry this is all babble, but to some it up, I love this post and will be showing it to my mother in law :)