Saturday, March 2, 2013

My "Classroom"

SO since I am homeschooling I thought I would give you a photo tour of my "classroom". Since I am unable to dedicate an entire room to my classroom its kind of my kitchen/classroom. I have been told when you walk into the kitchen it feels more like a classroom than a kitchen! Thats ok with me. =D

This is part of our Calendar time area!

The other part of our Calendar time! 


Teachers Corner with classroom rules and discipline charts!
Shapes and drawers for completed work
Kids Corner with books to read and colors!
I know it is not fancy but hey, it works for us right now. I use various different homeschool blogs to get my ideas but my favorite that I always go back to is Confessions of a Homeschooler . She has so many great ideas and is so organized. Do not even get me started on her beautiful classroom. I literally die when I look at her site! I just love it. I got the chore chart printouts and the idea from her site as well. But we do not have our own special little room so we do what we can and it works for us. =) As far as what curriculum I use. I do not have a specific one I use. I get it from here and there. I got a 2nd grace book from Wal-Mart and use that as a guide and go from there. I add printouts to it as I see fit and for Bible Study I was reading the story and writing my own questions to it but I found some good ones online that are children friendly. Can not remember the site but if you Google Bible study for children you can find so many great FREE ones for children. I would read over them and see if what the lesson is about is what you want your child to get from it. As far as a schedule, that is the luxury of homescool you kind of can do it whenever. We usually wake up, eat breakfast, catch a lil morning cartoons then we get started on school work. Simple. I really can not see why all stay at home moms do not homeschool but I know some folks are not cut out to be teachers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love it! I think it is neat how you were able to make your school room work from part of the kitchen! I may end up having to do this when Selah is older.