Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Babygirl"



So in light of this evenings events with my beautiful 5 year old daughter I thought I would write a blog about the relationship between my daughter and my husband. First and foremost he is HER DADDY! He is not her biological father and his blood and DNA does not run through her veins, but his love runs through every inch of her being. Heres a little background information so you have a little idea of things. James and I first started dating his sophmore in high school. I was already graduated at the time and in college. I lost a dear friend of mine a year later and could not bear to be in Augusta anymore. My father gave me an opportunity to move and live with him. James and I split and then got back together and got engaged that summer. I was 18 living hundreds of miles away and he was 16 and still in high school, needless to say it didnt work out for selfish reasons on my part. Three months after we split I got involved with a guy and ended up getting pregnant. Tried my hardest to make things work out and it just wasnt working. February 2005 I moved back to Augusta to live with my mom and help me get on my feet. I never dreamt of being a single mom but hey it happens. I had run into James a few times, I admit I hid I was ashamed of what I had done to him, and I wasnt his favorite person. So I had Samantha on August 9th, 2005. I fell in love with the sweetest little face! She was amazing. Well a few months later something had went down with my brother I dont exactly remember what but through a friend I got in touch with James because they were friends and I talked to him about it and told him I was worried and he said he would call me when he got off work. Im really not sure what happened after that I but I do remember we talked all night long like old times and he told me to come by his work so we could talk some more. Ok he worked at Angels. They take Deer and process them and stuff and give the meats back to the rightful owner. Needless to say I pulled up in my bankers attire (I had just got off work) and there he was in his blue jeans, t-shirt (prolly dixie outfitters) boots and tan carhardt jacket. Boots covered in blood along with his hands and his fav pocket knife he used. His friend at the times gf was there and she leaned in and said you guys are gonna get back together.. I laughed  and said uhh yeah right. Anyways we talked a little more and as I went to leave he was walking away from the car and I dont know, just something about that moment didnt feel right so I called him back to the car and he leaned in and kissed me.. Our second first kiss! LoL! I remember going home that night looking at Samantha thinking oh gosh girl what did I get us into.. Im falling back in love with a guy who is STILL in high school and what if he doesnt want US! That was sometime in November well needless to say our parents were NOT happy about us being together at the time. He was still in high school and I had broke his heart and had a kid. Well we didnt listen and continued to see each other. Now, being he was in high school I figured maybe this would be a fling and he would NEVER love Samantha as his own. Boy did he prove me wrong. You would think that a guy, senior in high school, with his whole future in front of him that the LAST thing on his mind would be dating a woman with a child. That didnt stop James. He stuck with me. Went to his prom his senior year while my parents watched Samantha, me and Samantha right there at his high school graduation cheering him on. Most people spend their graduation night going out and celebrating with their friends. James came to my house and celebrated with me and his "babygirl". Samantha is his "babygirl" and he better not call anyone else that. When he calls her Sam she doesnt answer and then gives him this look like thats not my name and he says "babygirl" and she smiles BIG and says SIR!! They are too precious! This is their first picture together.


She had him the moment she called him "daddy"! Ya know it takes one hell of a man to love a woman with kids who arent his but it takes an even more AMAZING man to love her children as his own. She doesnt see her biological father she doesnt need to. James is an amazing man and gives her all the love a daddy will ever give his child. I honestly have to give James daddy some credit in this part. He raised James to be this way. Tugs at my heartstrings to see pics of those two that long ago. And She is Daddys little girl! The day James and I got married, Samantha was one of my flower girls and the whole time she was under neath my dress. Well eventually James picked her up. I will never forget when the preacher asked James if he would take me to be his wife he jumped in and said I do before he could finish. And then when the preacher asked me Samantha said I DO! It was cute and was wonderful to have her approval. James made it a point to add into our ceremony that hes taking me and Samantha into his life. :o) Again hes So AMAZING! Im truly blessed. Here are some pics from their past. I have TONS of these two but these are the ones I can scrap up right now.


  





Well Im sure as you have read in my previous posts that my husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan. And well the inspiration for tonights post is just that my husband and his "babygirl". My son is staying the night with my parents tonight so it was just me and the girls so we made a late run to Zaxbys for dinner (I was still in my PJ's so thank God for drive thru). Zaxbys isnt too far from Ft. Gordon and its a soldier hot spot. So as we were sitting in the drive thru a soldier came out the door with two little kids and he was holding one. Samantha says "look mommy they have their daddy back already". And I said yeah babygirl I see that. And she said I want MY daddy back. And I said hes still working baby. Well their daddy is done working now, why isnt my daddy done working. And I said babygirl daddy is working far away to keep us safe and he will be gone for a while but he will be home before you know it. And she said ok. I hate the sound of dissapointment in her voice when I tell her that. But she understands. 5 years old and she understands that her daddy is gone, and understands that there is a danger where he is. She is so shy when they skype together and will shun away but as sooon as someone asks her about her daddy shes so proud and loves him so much. She tells people in a heartbeat that her daddy is in the Army and he is in Afghanistan. She is so smart, smarter than I give her credit for because shes only 5. And like my friend says she feels so much more than we think she does. My husband is the greatest Man to have ever come into my life besides my dads. He has loved BOTH of us unconditionally and he loves her just like he loves his other two. I am truly blessed to have an amazing man as my husband and the father of my children.
James we love you and your "Babygirl" loves you and misses you so much!!



No comments: