Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cookies and Cream Cake

By request of one of my wonderful blog followers Michelle, (you can read about her life here and see how she deals with military life and just life in general) I am posting the recipe for my Cookies and Cream cake..



Cake 
1 Box white cake mix
Eggs, water and oil as called for on the box
~OR your favorite white cake recipe
15 Oreos, crushed
Frosting
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) container Cool whip, room temperature
15 Oreos, crushed
¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
With the frosting I did something a lil different and used the mint oreos to give it an added flavor and it worked great!! Maybe next time I will use the chocolate oreos!! :D
Cake: Grease and flour two or three 8″ pans (I used 2)  Prepare cake according to package directions (or recipe directions), stirring in the crushed Oreos to the batter before dividing between prepared pans.  Bake as directed on box or in recipe.  Remove cake layers from oven and allow to cool completely on cooling rack.
Frosting: In mixer, cream the cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla, mix well, and stir in Cool whip. Mix well. Fold in crushed Oreos until well blended & frost cooled cake.  Refrigerate cake until ready to serve and refrigerate any leftovers. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Love you guys :) Mama Ann

Michelle said...

YOU ROCK!!!! I cannot wait to try this!!!!
Most definitly will blog my attempt!

-M-
michelletherib.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Thank you for following my blog! Welcome! This cake looks amazing! Going to have to try and make this!

Lauren
chasingmemories.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

Oops! I put the wrong URL! Ha.

www.chasingthelove.blogspot.com