Thursday, February 19, 2015

Controversy!

As I sit here and sip my coffee out of my favorite Eeyore coffee cup I find it humorous that most of the time people do not read my posts unless they are controversial. Or they don't comment unless they want to bash me for believing a different way than they do. I have had many disagreements on facebook about many things. Luckily MOST but not all of those disagreements are actually just that and not arguments and bashing the other person or me. Social Media is definitely not what it was before. And I am guilty for abusing it along with many others to further my agenda in sharing my beliefs and justifications about these beliefs to the world. I can remember back when my younger brother was in college. He was the first one to ever tell me about Facebook. Back then it was exclusive to college students. You literally had to have a college e-mail address to be allowed to partake. Then Facebook became a way to find your lost family members or friends you haven't seen or spoken to in a while. NOW! Its full of political and religious articles. Don't get me wrong. A lot of people post some VERY interesting articles but some are just plain dumb. I am probably guilty for both. And don't even get me started on the games.. PLEAS PLEASE do NOT invite me to play games on Facebook. I can not tell you how many folks have been removed because they have not respected my request to stop inviting me to these life sucking addicting games. And some how... SPAM found its way onto Social Media. People repost those photos that say if you don't share this you will die in the next 24 hours or the love of your life will sweep you off your feet in the next week. Bologna. Now there are so many Social Media outlets and they are steadily becoming a source for people to use your thoughts and opinions and even your photos against you. Granted, some folks lack the common sense ability to know that if you are underage and you post a photo of you drinking a beer... really. Think about it.. That really was not smart. You just put a huge target on your back. And if you hate your job and you are friends with your boss or someone who you work with (because you never know if they are a little brown noser) do not post if on Facebook! Social media has been the birth of so many things that have just gone wrong. From really awkward bathroom selfies to the infamous duck lips. Look girls, if you want to constantly do duck lips please let your parents know so instead of dropping thousands of dollars to give you a beautiful smile they can just have your lips done. I have never read a quote that said do duck lips because you never know if the aflac duck is checking you out. SMILE! Someone is falling in love with your smile!!! Sheesh! So yeah my rant on Social Media sites! They are bitter sweet. You stay in touch with family members and old school friends mixed in with everything else.

No comments: