Sunday, November 28, 2010

Florida!!

Okay Im gonna start off with some facts about Florida (since hopefully by the end of next year I will be a proud GA fan living in Florida)!



  • The first suntan cream was made in Miama Beach, Florida, in 1944, by pharmacist Benjamin Green. Ummm yeah and its like NEVER used in Miami!! LOL 







  • Florida is the fourth most populous state in the United States of America. (Consisting of 90 % people over the age of 50 jkin but it seems like it trust me)







  • Florida is the only state that has 2 rivers both with the same name, Withlacoochee. One is in north central Florida (Madison County) and the other is in central Florida. (Been there, Done that)







  • Orange blossom is the state flower of Florida and the Mockingbird is its state bird.







  • Clearwater claims to have 361 days of sunshine each year!! (Sun was shinin when we went!!)







  • Florida has 1,100 miles of beach!!





  • Now onto the DUMB laws in Florida!


  • It is illegal to sell your children in Florida (DARNIT!)







  • If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle







  • When having sex, only the missionary position is legal. (DENIED)







  • You may not kiss your wife’s breasts. (James may have a SMALL problem with that one)







  • Oral sex is illegal. (And that one too hehe)







  • It is considered an offense to shower naked.







  • You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.







  • Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.





  • With those being said.... Im wondering how my brother still WORKS at a prison and isnt IN prison!! HAHA!! Just kidding... But ya know with all that the GREATEST thing Florida has right now is My brother and sister in law!! I had the greatest week with them and I miss them so much already! Cant wait to see them again! Had a nice big dinner tonight. My mom and stepdad, and my inlaws, including sister in law this time, my sister  and her hubby ! We had fried pork chops, green beans, corn and mashed potatoes. After dinner was done everyone helped in putting up the Christmas tree... BigPapa asked if ANYTHING I make sure I put the tree up and well I did! So pffft... I still havent decided if I wanted to decorate any more than that.. I will figure it out! Anyways! All in all it was a good day! Got to talk to James and a couple other people (but thats a story for another day). Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving and days off.. tomorrow its back to the regular scheduled programming!




    No comments: