Monday, November 29, 2010

Writing!

Okay please bear with me as it has been a while since I have written anything besides letters to my husband and the blogs I write in here so please excuse my scatterbrained tendencies.. but I was sitting here and a thought came to me as I was looking at the rose for my facebook profile picture and I began to pen a poem or well whatever. It doesnt really fit as a poem so Im not sure what you would call it. So heres the picture and the thing I wrote after it!

Wilted Without You

My life is a rose in this colorful garden on earth.
Thorny and jagged along the path to the end,
but beautiful, soft, and full of color at the bloom.
Far away practically free from imperfections.
But as you lean into smell the sweet aroma
take a closer look at my bright appealing petals  
Notice that I am far from perfect.
I am tattered and dicolored around the edges
Dark spots appear on the soft velvet exterior
I have begun to break down and wilt.
My Life isnt as beautiful as it once was.
Something has gone missing from my environment.
Something I need to go on, a main nutrient in my life
The apparent beauty of my life has begun to fade
just as a rose would begin to wilt.
Without YOU to give me strength and nourishment
eventually I will begin to fade, my imperfections shown.
As I begin to give up, darkness begins to surround me
and my petals have wilted an fallen away
My core becomes bare and my soul is revealed
You will see that without you my life is empty
No beauty, no softness, nothing to help me grow
You are my nourishment in this life ive grown into
My life is just as the rose it needs nourishment
It needs YOU.



1 comment:

Lydia said...

Beautiful honey. You really did say what James is to you in a very beautiful way. Loves and hugs honey!