Friday, November 26, 2010

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart!

This Thanksgiving I have so much to be grateful for! Things I seem to often to take for granted. This Thanksgiving I spent with my brother and sister in Florida. The weather has been amazing. Its like spring time in fall. We started off the day getting everything ready. My sister took Babygirl to the store to get a brown paper bag (which I will explain about later) and Broski and I with Bubba and Buttercup went for a walk around his neighborhood. Broski (other than my husband) is my BEST friend in the whole world. Mind you when we were younger we couldnt stand each other, sibling rivalry I guess.. but nowadays I dont see how I could live my life happily without my brother a part of it. Anyways! We were on our walk and thats where I captured the sweetest moment on my cell phone! LOL! It was soooooo cute!! Im so Thankful for my brother to be a part of my childrens life. He loves them so much, and they love him too!



 Ahhh ok now to the brown bag deal. My brother was trying to find another way to cook a turkey since we couldnt deep fry one this year! So he was looking around online and seen you can bake your turkey in a brown grocery bag instead of the plastic bag. Something about when you bake it in the roasting bag it steams it but if you put it in the brown paper bag it actually BAKES the turkey! Anyways! We were a little hesitant when he put it in the oven when the apartment started smelling like matches! LOL! We really were hoping we werent gonna burn the apartment down. Buuut we didnt and the Turkey turned out AMAZING!! It was yummy!! VERY VERY close second to a deep fried turkey!



So not only was the Turkey was amazing the rest of the food was great too. We had a nice little spread for 3 adults and 3 kiddos! Turkey, Ham, Hashbrown casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing and rolls!!! YUMMY!! Needless to say I was totally stuffed last night!


So far its been a GREAT week with my brother and sister! I was so glad to spend Thanksgiving with them this year. After dinner we all took a walk and let Sassy (their fur baby) play with Bailey (their neighbors fur baby)! Came back to the apartment, gave the kiddos a bath and ended the night with a pretty good movie! With Love From Paris. All in All Ive had a GREAT Thanksgiving. I would have loved to have my husband here but on the other hand Im just thankful he is safe wherever he is. I got to talk to him and most people dont get to talk to their spouses as often as I do mine! We missed our mama too but she had to work!! Gotta make that $$$! =D  Im also doing something different on my blog. In the right margin you will see a day and something I am Thankful for. I have decided to do a daily what Im thankful for and kind of a countdown to the day I am MOST thankful for. The day Christ was born (Christmas). It starts off at day 30 because well there are 30 days includnig today till Christmas (Man I need to get to shoppin lol). Well I hope everyone has had a wonderful thanksgiving like I have. I am truly blessed to have EVERYTHING I do.
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. —Psalm 9:1


No comments: