Sunday, May 22, 2011

Liberated, Baking & Broken...

Well, It has been a while since I have written and I know I still haven't wrote about  Big Papas R&R but I will. When I feel like I can do the time with my amazing husband justice then I will write about it. Till then its my daily rantings on the things I do through out the day. Typically I write my blogs at night but Ive had this blog started for a couple days so I will finish it up and post it and get it out of the way. Then onto my evening postings. Lets go back to last Sunday. There was some drama amongst Army Wives in the unit about injuries and who got hurt and how bad it was and it was awful and the lies were spreading like wildfire. In my opinion if your husband was NOT the one who got hurt the information doesnt need to go further than you. The spouse/family of the injured soldier will be notified if he chooses to do so you do NOT need to go spreading it around on facebook. *smh* Its terrible that this occurs amongst the Army wives but it seems that some of them have no consideration for others. With that being said I decided to do some cleansing on MY facebook page. I went through and deleted people I dont talk to on a DAILY basis, ones who cause drama and ones I pretty much have on there for no reason. Dont get me wrong. Not ALL Army Wives stirr up stuff and alot of them weren't removed because of drama but because simply I don't talk to them often. LOL! So all thats left are a sprinkle of Army Wife friends, close friends (which include the sprinkle of Army Wives), and family. I have decided to use Facebook as it was originally intended to communicate with friends and family, look at pictures of family and see what they are up to. 

 Ok so LESS people to read about and stuff on facebook I have had more time to do other things like BAKE! =) Of course its mostly desserts because YUMMY who doesnt like making sweet stuff. I got a recipe from my sister in law to make beer bread. I used Corona light and OMG was it nummy!!


I looked around online for some yummy dessert recipes and I ran across one called Peaches and Cream. OHHH IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD! You can find that recipe here at The Menu Mama Peaches and Cream! She has a few other recipies on there that looked yummy! I just havent wanted anything besides this since I made it! My parents came over for dinner and wehad meatloaf, mashed taters and green beans and then THIS for dessert! Nummy!! It was a nice meal that day!


Well Big Papas FAV dessert is red velvet cake so what woman doesnt wanna be able to make what her man LOVES to eat! Sooo I looked around online and found a yummy red velvet cake recipe online! =) I baked it and let my mom and in laws try and they all agreed that Big Papa is gonna love it! Everything is made from scratch to include the icing! (THAT was delicious, my fav part about the red velvet cake!)


Going back to dinner on Tuesday, after dinner and dessert I was playing with the kids and we were all playing around on the floor and Buttercup fell on her arm. She cried for a little bit but then she was running around playing. I was observing her as she played and she was not using her arm that she fell on. So as a concerned mama I took her to the Emergency Room. My parents had stayed home and watch the older two and my in laws met me at the ER for moral support. CUZ I NEEDED IT! So the doc comes in looks at it and looks at her and said oh well its probably just a sprain she will be fine. (She was acting like nothing was wrong, unless you touched her arm) He went ahead and did X-rays JUST IN CASE but he didnt think she broke it. While we were waiting Buttercup was playing with her Nana, jumping off the end of the bed into Nanas arms. (FEARLESS CHILD)  A few minutes later he walks in shaking his head and said well... she broke it. Im like WHAT!?!?!?! He said yep. A buckle fracture in her wrist involving her growth plate. They put a splint on it and told me to get to the ortho ASAP. The nurse freaked me out a bit and said if it involves a growth plate they may do surgery!! UMMM NO!! NOT ON MY BABY! Called the next morning and the doc the referred me to was not in so I made an appointment for Thursday. Got her into the Ortho and doc looked at x-rays and said hes gonna put a cast on her but wants her back to check healing and growth and we will go from there. So my poor lil 19 month old baby has an itty bitty cast on her arm. GREAT thing is nothing is slowing her down. She hasnt missed a lick since she got it on. TOUGH lil cookie!


 "Forgiveness means letting go of a hurtful situation and moving on with your own happiness."

No comments: