Thursday, May 26, 2011

Whats to come of ME time??

Okay so the excitement of Big Papa coming home is there but right next to it is uhhhh confusion really. I have done things MY way since he has gone. I have my own schedule, I cook for just me and the kds, I clean when the need arises, I wash clothes again when the need arises and I have ME time when the kids go to bed. I either blog online, talk to my friends, browse the internet, play rock band, watch whatever I want to watch, or just simply lay in my bed and write or read... But when he comes home my ME time becomes OUR time. Is it selfish of me to not want to give up ALL of me time? =( I feel selfish.. I should be so glad hes coming home and wanna spend every moment with him. I know I will at first but once things have settled down I wonder where my outlet goes if he is HERE. He doesn't DEMAND my attention but he is my husband.. he deserves nothing less than that. Though he may not say it I'm sure he is wondering the same thing. When not on missions he can come and go as he pleases (staying on his base of course) and he can talk however he wants, and watch movies that aren't necessarily appropriate for children, can hang out with the guys whenever he likes.. and well it wont be like when he comes home. I will no longer be a "single mom" and he will no longer be a "soldier" per say. Its definitely going to be an adjustment period for us. His R&R was fine that was only 2 weeks... we can finaggle schedules around and do what we have to do but when he comes home for good the kids schedules need to stay in tact to maintain my sanity. I know when he comes home he will be on his own schedule and we will have to do some tweaking but in the end, at the end of the day my ME time is OUR time! Im sure I can get him to let me have some ME time but its gonna be so different. Good different but different Today has been a regular day! See previous post! Went outside let the kiddos play!! Hosed them down with the water hose. I tried to make and Apple Rosetta Pie!!! FAIL!!! I guess after two successful desserts one was bound to be a bust. BLEGH! Oh well!! Try again another time! I dont have much else to say.. Update on Big Papa... still waiting on him to get home! LOL! Hes doing well... trying to catch up on rest from being up for a while He sounds good. My heart still flutters everytime my phone rings and I see that weird REALLY long number from "Afghanistan" show up! Big Papa picked on me on his R&R and I am going to have to try and cut back but I had a 50x limit where I would have to ask him at least 50 times a day if he was ok.. I didnt want him to be uncomfortable in any situation. There were a few things that seemed a bit much, just hard to concentrate on. With a big family like ours that like to talk and talk about a hundred different things, and have 4 or 5 conversations with about 10 other people that would confuse someone who is not part of this family! LOL! In all honesty I was worried about him being overwhelmed, even with just the kids but he did AMAZING! Jumped right into "daddy" mode and hit the ground running. I am so proud of my husband. I have no idea the things he has done or seen and Im not sure I want to know but I do know that he is a wonderful amazing husband and father and I am so blessed to have him in my life! Ok well anyways! Enough about that. Im done for the night gonna throw in a movie and MAYBE fold some clothes! =P Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this song you have playing. This is a VERY cute blog I love it! Thanks for being a follower of mine. Looking forward to seeing/reading more from you!
<3 God Bless <3
http://combatbootsadiapers.blogspot.com/