Thursday, October 13, 2011

Faith



So I posted a question on my Facebook yesterday and its clear that A LOT of peoples definition of faith is the same but there are a few people who are different. A friend quoted one of my new favorite bible scriptures when it comes to Faith and its Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen". Whatever you give will be received " Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap." Luke 6:38. In a book I read the amount in that verse she used flour as an example.. pour some flour in a cup and you have air bubbles.. shake it the flour settles and then you press it down and voila room for more and not just that.. not just pressed down to the top of the cup but running over or in some bibles over flowing into your lap. That is a lot. In the Bible we are constantly being told by God and Jesus that God will never forsake us. But there is a price to pay and that is FAITH. BELIEVING in him whole heartedly that he will come through on these promises. So you wonder how do I get these blessings and this amount given back? Contrary to what many think first and foremost you must accept God as your Lord and Savior. You must believe the price he and Jesus paid to forgive us all of ours sins. Pray and Read his word. Sounds easy? I am not gonna lie it really does SOUND easy but its not. As you pray and read his word you will have a desire to walk closer to him to live the life that he has set a path for us in the Bible. That means giving up things. At this point in time I am having a hard time giving up a few things.. For example tithing or as some of you may know when you sit in church and they pass that little plate around for you to put money in... Yeah we have close to nothing after bills are paid right now so how am I supposed to give to God?? In the Bible it says to give him your "first fruits". That means you give to God before you pay bills or anything else... UGH! How on earth am I supposed to do that and pay ALL my bills.. Bill collectors do not care if you are tithing like you should or if you are a Christian. As I am learning this week that is where faith comes in. I have to KNOW that whatever I give to the Lord whether it will be time, money, my thoughts that I will get it back in a "good measure". So am I struggling with faith in the Lord right now? Yes! What do I do.. keep diving into his word and praying so that I find the answer somewhere that God finally says "Sweet Pea its OK! Trust me, I will take care of you just as I have ALWAYS promised". I hope all of you find a place in your heart that says ok Im going to trust God and have faith in him and believe. If not for the little things in your life but for where your going to spend eternity. Its one of two places. Heaven or Hell.. “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 16:6. So when that trumpet sounds I know where I am going and I cannot wait until Jesus greets me with open arms at those wondrous gates of heaven!


So where are you going?

With All My Love

No comments: