Monday, November 28, 2011

Change of plans....

I was going to sit here and write about me decorating my house for Christmas and how today is so gloomy it was hard for me to be cheery and I started looking up Christmas songs and then I found a song about a soldier.. and I had a sudden flashback of my Christmas last year... How selfish I am this year to take for granted the blessings in my life. Last Christmas my husband was an ocean away fighting in a war that may never be won.. just as many did before him and many continue to do.. and I thought about all of the soldiers who are still gone... What kind of soldiers wife would I be if I did not recognize their selfless sacrifice to serve so that my husband can come home and we can continue to celebrate Christmas as freely as we do. My heart hurts so badly remembering the pain I had last year. It was my first Christmas in years I did not spend it with my husband. While we all get busy with our families and buying stuff we lose sight of what really is important and that is those who were born to give their lives for us. And as this song says only two have died for ME. I am eternally grateful to Jesus for dying for my soul so that I may live eternity in Heaven and to the soldiers past, present, and future who have served and who have died to my freedom to sit here and write on my computer in the safety of my home. So please as you go on celebrating and shopping for your family remember those who are still serving and do not get to spend Christmas with their loved ones and think of their families as well, its just as hard on them. I am sorry its a depressing post but I have a passion for these men and women who give their lives. So when you say your prayers at night make sure to thank the good Lord for what you do have and send up a special prayer for the soldiers and their families during the holidays. Trust me its not easy for any of us but I promise you prayers will be heard. With that being said please take a moment of silence to Pray for them now.






4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

One of these days I'll learn to NOT read your blog while I'm at work. I get all teary-eyed when I read this stuff... really makes you stop & think!

A Southern Girl's Stand said...

You brought tears to my eyes with this post! Very well written.

Anonymous said...

So well said!!! You always bring tears to my eyes with your wonderful blogs!!

Love and miss you
Danita

Katrina @ Hix in the Stix ~ Army Edition said...

Thank you for this...This will be my first Christmas without my husband who is deployed. I don't know why, but it just really hit me hard over this last weekend how much I miss him and will miss him for Christmas. It's sad...and depressing!