Sunday, January 2, 2011

If Your Lucky Enough to be Irish.....


Ok in the spirit of my newly re-vamped blog I thought I would write a little blog about my favorite place on earth besides in the arms of my love. So while you read listen to the song as well. The Pogues are a very popular group in Ireland. Song plays on P.S. I love you! I love this song!! Its my song for my Big Papa! The song that follows is called The Butterfly by the Celtic Woman (Beautiful just beautiful). So Even though I have never been to Ireland I do plan on going one day. James and I plan on going when we are a little older and sightseeing. Depending on how much we love it (which Im sure we will ALOT) we may even decide to relocate there!! HEHE! We shall see. We are both of Irish heritage.. Im not sure how much for him but I know its a good bit for me. Mostly on my fathers side of the family! We are a VERY proud Irish family. Doesnt show in me physically like it does my brother but I definitly got the blood of the Irish running through my veins. Nothing wrong with that.. Like my title starts If your lucky enough to be Irish then your lucky enough. I love Celtic music. I am hoping to see Celtic Woman next year :-) My brother can probably pass as a full blooded Irishman. Blonde hair that fades into a red goatee. People accuse him of dying it. When my brother retires we are hoping to open a family Irish Pub and restaurant next door. Nick and James will run the pub, Mikey and Bubba will be the bouncers, the girls will help as waitresses and servers at both places, Ashlee will run the restaurant and I am stuck being the manager. My brother says Im the manager because he knows I wont have any hard feelings kicking the whiners outta the pub!! HAHA. So yeah anyways I am really hoping to get over there to visit. James "stopped-in" on his way to Afghanistan but didnt have much of a chance to sightsee! Kinda had to stay at the airport. SUCKS! He got me a beautiful keychain from there that looks like my tattoo! I love it! I am hoping to do a Celtic theme in my living room. Dark greens and Celtic crosses and antique celtic accessories!! Wish me well! Thanks for reading about my dream trip and a little about my heritage. I will leave you with some facts about Ireland and some pictures of this AMAZING country I ran across online! And a peek at my tattoo!! Is tú mo ghrá (I Love You in Gaelic)

Is fheàrr teine beag a gharas na teine mòr a loisgeas.
The little fire that warms is better than the big fire that burns
Gerard Butler is NOT Irish he is Scottish (too bad but hes still HOTNESS)
The original Guinness Brewery in Dublin has a 9,000 year lease on it's property, at a perpetual rate of 45 Irish pounds per year.
Celtic rock group the Pogues were originally called "Pogue Mahone," which translates into "kiss my a**" in Gaelic.
The longest place name in Ireland is Muckanaghederdauhaulia, in County Galway. The original seven “Celtic Nations” are: Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Cornwall, Brittany (in France) and Galicia (in Spain). 
Leaves on a 4-leaf clover mean faith, hope, luck and love.


The hands of the ring are shown holding the heart and the hands denote friendship and togetherness, the heart itself signifies love and the crown in the claddagh ring stands for loyalty. Note the title for my entire blog. "With these hands I give you my heart, and Crown it with my love. The 2 clovers signify my children (I gotta add another I know).



It is generally considered that orange represents the Protestant minority, green represents the Catholic majority, and the white stands for the hope for peace and unity between them.
 






The national symbol of Ireland is the Celtic harp, not the shamrock.

Baileys Irish Cream which was launched in Ireland in the early seventies, is now the most popular liqueur in the world.

Guinness... To trip to Ireland would be complete without sampling a pint of the black stuff! It's said that no matter where you go in the world, only in Ireland will you be served the most velvety, and creamiest pint of the "black stuff".

No comments: