Sunday, January 23, 2011

In Your Dreams, My Dreams Come True!!!

So James sent me a message the other day and told me about a song that reminded him of me. Josh Turner "In Your Dreams"! (Of course its the song that is playing as you read this blog) Its a good song. Im not a HUUUGE fan of country, especially since James has left but I listened to it. When I think back 10 years ago and I think about what my dreams were then... well it wasnt the life I am living now. Unlike James who has known since he was like 10 that if he did ANYTHING he would have a wife and children. Well he does. When I was younger I wanted to actually join the military. Not be a military spouse. I wanted to travel the world and I DID NOT want ANY kids.. Well.... things happen for a reason and I think back to when I was 16 and had these dreams but I couldnt imagine my life any place else. Call me unrealistic but ya know being a stay at home mother and wife is an amazing dream. Someone once said that being a stay at home mom and letting the man make all the money and pay the bills is far fetched, that its unrealistic that in todays society a woman needs to work to EARN her keep by working... HAHAHAHA!!! What an IDIOT!! I could probably bet a year of his salary that he couldnt do my job for one month without BEGGING someone for help. Granted yeah, a stay at home moms job is easier when the husband is home at some point to help but thats the fine print you dont read about stay at home moms, we are moms 24/7/52/365. And sure we dont have a HUUGE house with brand new cars, or wear name brand clothes, have lots of high tech gadgets and we struggle from time to time but what we DO have CANNOT be bought. Many people make tons of money and have "things" and still will NEVER EVER have what James and I have with our little family. One of my best friends has always wanted to be a stay at home mom and the relationship she had a while ago didnt work out, he didnt want that I guess.. wanted her to work so she can help pay bills or whatever. Well shes married now and has children and shes gonna get to be a stay at home mom and I couldnt be more proud of her for making her dreams a REALITY since they were so called unrealistic. Oh well. Anyways. Back to my dreams!! I am definitely living a dream. I have 3 beautiful amazing children and a husband that LOVES ME! Still looks at me like he is more in love with me today than he ever was. I am truly blessed. Yes when my youngest goes to school I plan on either going back to school or going back to work but until then my full time job is WIFE/MOTHER! I wouldnt have it any other way. So thats enough on that rant. I have been dieting and going to the gym. I am getting so discouraged because the scale isnt changing and I dont feel smaller or different. Im trying to get past this feeling but its kinda hard. Just frustrated. I dont weigh myself everyday because I dont WANT to get discouraged and I still get bummed when I do once a week. :-( Oh well! Just gotta keep pushing on. a little less than 3 months till James comes home for R&R! I cant wait. I will be picking him up from the airport and we will be staying a hotel that night. the next day we will pick the kiddos up from school and spend that evening just me him and the kiddos and on the 3rd day people will be "allowed" to come over! James has made it perfectly clear that he is NOT running all over town and out of town to see people. They know where he lives, if they wanna see him they are more than welcome. Course there will be a curfew. HEHE! 8pm everyone has to be gone with the exception of maybe one or two days. But 8 is the kids bedtime and that will be OUR time! There will be ONE place he will be leaving to go and thats to Florida to see his brother. I cant wait. We might take the kids to Sea World or something like that. And I cant wait!!! I cannot wait to have my man home!!! This deployment has been tough buuuut its gone by alot faster than I expected and its ALMOST OVER!! Skype has definitely helped us along the way. Getting to see his face every now and then has been such a blessing and we take full advantage of each moment we have. Less than 3 months till R&R and Less than 5 months till hes home for good! (This time). Hope everyone has had a great weekend!!!!



No comments: